Alvarion (NASDAQ:ALVR) is a global leader in 4G wireless communications with the industry's most extensive customer base with hundreds of commercial WiMAX™ deployments. Alvarion's industry leading solutions enable true open 4G and vertical applications for service providers and enterprises. Through an open network strategy, superior IP and OFDMA know-how, and ability to deploy large scale end-to-end turnkey networks, Alvarion is delivering the true 4G broadband experience today (www.alvarion.com).
As a field-proven global leader of developing and deploying WiMAX solutions, Alvarion's best-of-breed 4G WiMAX solutions bring exceptional value to the Smart Grid market. Our intelligent wireless broadband solutions for the licensed, license-exempt and quasi-licensed 3.65 GHz frequencies offer optimized Smart Grid connectivity and grant utilities' maximized return on infrastructure investments.
The Smart Grid offers a range of benefits for both consumers and utilities including real time communication, monitoring and management of power delivery to homes and businesses, providing actionable information for reducing electricity costs and improving management and control. Alvarion's 4G WiMAX solutions meet the current and future requirements for Smart Grid applications with real-time, secure QoS broadband that supports fixed and mobile services in rural and urban environments. Alvarion's all outdoor, ruggedized solutions, with micro and macro configurations for pole and tower deployments simplify installations and enable cost reductions. Our solutions enable maximized return of utility infrastructure investments with standard WiMAX 802.16e technology that allows for future WiMAX support and shared infrastructure for multiple frequencies. Our carrier-class management platform indicates and anticipates congestion-related trends, allowing a proactive response before reaching critical proportions.
- Carrier-class reliability and availability for improved uptime and SLA compliance
- QoS ensuring prioritization for switches and reclosures
- Mobile broadband empowering line truck crews
- Real time and secure connectivity for mission critical grid devices
- Enhanced capacity for maximum flexibility and modularity
- Secure communication for elimination of intrusions and denial of service prevention
- Strong open WiMAX ecosystem for ensured interoperability and maximum ROI
- Rapid ROI with leading coverage and capacity performance
- Future-proof infrastructure, scalable architecture
View current edition!
Register below to receive your copy.